We considered the last Mizuno 900 series to be the best performing iron line that Mizuno has ever produced (and their club sale counts and countless tour victories are supportive). We are excited to get the new JPX 919 lineup next week for custom fittings. If you are not on our current list of those “in the corral” please contact us directly as we will begin setting up our private fitting schedules for this incredible line once we get the tracking info on our heads (anticipating 8/20 fittings to begin). Be the first to get your custom set ordered with custom set ship date currently set at 9/4.
We fit a large number of junior golfers every year and are constantly frustrated by the lack of good quality equipment for this next generation of aspiring golfers. Sure there are some well known Junior equipment brands out there, but who wants to overpay for inefficient clubs with a USA branded theme that are all made on the cheap in China? Also who wants to spend an arm and a leg on the clubs knowing full well that you are going to have to do the same thing in another year or two when they outgrow the clubs. Well parents its time to “Get Growing!”
I’ve added some information about Ping’s new junior Prodi G club line below but plain and simple Ping (consistently ranked as producing some of the best engineered clubs on the market since their inception) has put their engineering prowess and industry leading quality control towards an exciting new line of exceptional junior equipment that can be custom fit by Hodson Golf. With this program, when your child has outgrown the set, you can bring the clubs back to Hodson Golf and we can return them to Ping to be completely re-built to your child’s current specs (initial and follow up fittings provided by Hodson Golf with no -charge on the follow up fitting as always!). Now that your kids have finished their golf summer camps and are enthusiastic about working on their game, take this opportunity to help them succeed with properly fit, quality equipment.
Prodi G junior sets offer the same score-lowering technology of our adult sets custom-engineered to fit golfers ages 7 to 13 and between 4′ 5″ and 5′ 2″. With the “Get Golf Growing” Program, buy at least five clubs and you’re entitled to a one-time, no-charge service to have the clubs re-shafted or lengthened, re-weighted, and re-gripped as the golfer grows.
Juniors can add 15 yards off the tee over the top-selling junior driver with this more forgiving, more aerodynamic 460cc titanium driver. It offers speed-inducing crown turbulators, forgiveness from dragonfly technology, and a lightweight graphite shaft to help generate power. Two flexes (available in all clubs) in this lightweight graphite shaft are optimized for weight and balance to match junior swing speeds.
After an extensive restoration to the course including all new greens, we are excited that the course will open later this week for play. We are excited to help host some exciting events through this exciting opening weekend.
Thursday 7/26 Opening Day Member Only Gala
Friday 7/27 Opening Day for Public Play
Saturday 7/28 11-3:00 (Sponsored by Hodson Golf, KM Golf, & Callaway Golf)
- Putting Station– Odyssey will be hosting a putting challenge showcasing their full array of putters. Take this opportunity to come out and roll some great putters on the new championship bermuda puttinggreen – winner will receive an Odyssey O-Works Putter of their choice at $0.
- Wedge Station– Callaway will have their full array of Mack Daddy wedges with all varieties of lofts/bounces. There will be a challenge and wedge clinic with Kelly Hall among other great activities (must try the flop wall). Please contact us directly to register for the discounted wedge clinic. Wedge contest winners receive a custom MACK DADDY WEDGE of their choice at $0
- FITTING DAY/Long Drive Contest– Come out and try the #1 selling driver in Golf and take your shot at winning a new Rogue Driver! Long Drive Winner will receive a ROGUE DRIVER of their choice at $0.
- BALL FITTING CHALLENGE- Come out and compare your current ball performance to the new Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Balls. The first 25 participants will receive a free 2 ball pack. The challenger that has the highest increase in BALL SPEED will receive a complimentary dozen golf balls of their choice.
Sunday 7/29 11-3:00 (Sponsored by Hodson Golf, XXIO & Cleveland Golf, and KM Golf)
- XXIO Driver Challenge– Bring your current gamer driver and compare it against the Premium Japanese XXIO driver on the trackman. Most distance gained with the XXIO (and you will pick up distance) will get 2 dozen XXIO golf balls.
- Cleveland Golf – Closest to the Pin Challenge – Come out and get a sneak peak of the soon to be released Clevleand RTX4 (releasing early September). Golfers Playing Sunday will have a par 3 closest to the hole challenge with the winner receiving a custom RTX4 wedge (when they are released in September)
We are thrilled to have received the new Ping i210 and i500 forged irons (yes these are actually forged!) into our fitting cart matrix. Please contact us to set up your private fitting to try out these revolutionary irons. We will be providing further information/specs/etc. when we receive from Ping.